Monday, December 19, 2011

Avocado Tortilla Soup



Avocado Tortilla Soup

2 cups vegetable broth 
5 Roma tomatoes Cilantro to taste (I like a good amount) 
1 garlic clove 
Pepper to taste 
1/2 Avocado 
1/2 Lime 
1/2 cup black beans 
1/2 cup corn 
1 or 2 large handfuls of crushed tortilla chips  

I have a Vita mix so I blend everything on high but the beans, corn and tortilla chips for 7 minutes cause it heats it up too. Then I add the black beans, corn and crushed tortilla chips and blend slowly for another 10-15 seconds and Voila!! 
Without the Vita mix I guess you would just blend well and then heat it on your stove.

This is very close to the recipe in the recipe book that comes with the Vita mix but I just tweaked it to veganize it as we all know that's the only way too be!! ;)

Bon Appétit my friends!!

2 comments:

  1. So, you finally got the Vitamix! Do you love it?
    I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best!! Best piece of machinery in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete